• How much does it cost?

Each project is individually priced according to our site survey and plans. Kitchen extension usually costs between £45000 and £70000. All depends on footprint size and additional extras. Shell structure starts from £1650 per square meter.


  • What documentation do I need?

We can deal with most paperwork required. This includes Planning Permission, Building Notice, Architectural Plans, Structural Drawings, Build Over Agreement.


  • Do I have to move out?

Usually you do not have to move out. We generally split the work area from habitable area and make sure to minimize any disruption. However if it is full house refurbishment in most cases you would have to move out for some period of time.


  • Can I just commit to the Design or Build Phase only?

Yes, absolutely. We offer a two-stage process, so you are able to commit to the Design phase and leave the Build out to tender or complete Design with other company and get only Build Phase from us.


  • How long does the process take?

This is very dependent on you, but typically the Design phase takes 10 weeks (8 weeks of this is waiting for planning permission to be determined). If your extension is under permitted development (under 3 meters) then the Design phase is around 3 weeks. For the Build, a ground floor extension generally takes around 12 weeks. If you would like a more specific timeline for your project, just ask our team.


  • What is Party Wall?

A party wall agreement is a legal agreement between two neighboring property owners who share a common wall or boundary. The agreement sets out the rights and obligations of both parties with respect to the wall, including how any repairs or alterations will be handled.

The agreement is typically required when one property owner plans to carry out work that may affect the party wall, such as building an extension or making structural alterations. The other property owner must be notified of the proposed work, and the party wall agreement sets out the terms under which the work can proceed.

The party wall agreement is usually prepared by a surveyor or architect, and it may include provisions for access to the property, the sharing of costs, and dispute resolution procedures. Once the agreement is signed by both parties, it becomes legally binding and can be enforced through the courts if necessary.

If you are undertaking a home extension, you might be required to serve Notice to your neighbour(s) before you can carry out the Build. Unfortunatelly due to conflict of interest we can’t deal directly as your Party Wall Surveyor, however we can advise you and also recommend 3rd party who can do it on your behalf.


  • What does the Build quote include?

The quotation allows for everything that is required to construct the ‘shell and core’ of the extension. This means we’ll get your home to a water tight shell and install the windows, external doors, lights and plumbing – everything to get the final sign off from Building Control. We can help with the final decoration, kitchen fitting, bathroom fitting and floor fitting should you wish.


  • What about my kitchen?

We are completely flexible and can help if you want us to. A number of our clients opt for an ‘off the shelf’ kitchen (for example from Magnet, Howdens or Benchmarx) and invest in good quality worktops. We can install kitchen units and worktops like these if you want us to. If you have a kitchen supplier in-mind, that’s not a problem and we will liaise and cooperate with

them to arrange for the fitting at the appropriate time.


  • Are you properly insured?

We have fully comprehensive insurance, so you, your family, and your property will be covered in the unlikely event of accident or damage. Here are details about our insurance.

Print | Sitemap
© Home Shape Ltd trading as London House Extension, Company Number: 8118027, VAT: 142 7996 78, Address: 10 Kedeston Court, Sutton, SM1 3JG, Tel: 020 8133 3610, 078 7749 7598, Email: info@homeshape.co.uk